August 12, 2010

This is the first time I am playing a double role

You have been lucky, getting such opportunities to play different kinds of roles in your career.

I agree. It has been a wonderful journey so far. Fashion was a glamorous role with some underlying emotions, All The Best was a full fledged comedy, Jail was a serious movie, and Help is a horror flick. I am learning a lot from each film.

Why take up a horror film?

After I finished Fashion and All The Best, I was shooting for Madhur Bhandarkar's Jail. That's when director Rajeev Virani came to me and read this script. My first reaction was very spontaneous because I have never tried this genre.

I also thought that since this will be my fourth film, it won't be too early either since most actresses try horror films once they are established. So in that way, I was scared.

But the script helped me cement my decision to go ahead with this film. This is also the first time I am playing a double role in a film.

A lot of research has gone into the making of this film. If you see the promos, you will come to know about the stages of fear a human being has. The reason a person gets possessed is explained in this film.

I cannot reveal the entire story. It is a love story and a supernatural thriller. Help is the story of Vic (Bobby Deol) and his wife Pia (Mugdha), who fight a malicious and wicked spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment