June 28, 2011

McGowan saw the funny side after the incident despite being in a car accident before

Rose McGowan’s car roof turned out to be a thorn in her side after it flew off when she was driving on the highway.

The not-so-Charmed actress posted a picture of her sporty Mercedes-Benz convertible's smashed up top on social networking website Twitter.

And after she got over the shock, the 37-year-old actress managed to see the funny side of the incident, which saw the hardtop convertible roof fly off.

In a deadpan tweet she wrote: 'Kind of ruined a perfectly good afternoon.'

It appeared the actress had not properly clipped the roof onto her car before setting off on her journey, believed to be in the Los Angeles area.

However furious Mercedes owners on the Benzworld.org website claimed the photo was fake.

One said: 'Set Up. Looks surprisingly undamaged to me,' and another added, 'My thoughts too. If the top came off it would probably come down on its top and be much more damaged.'

Another poster named Werner who owned the same model of car said: 'The glass cracked on my original HT, and when trying to remove the glass from a donor top from the 70's that glass explode.

'I tell you the broken glass in that picture is photoshopped.

'Taking another look at the picture. The hole hard top is photoshopped into the picture.'

However the picture of the aftermath proved to be a hit with fans, with many finding the incident hilarious.

And when one supporter told her she would one day look back and see the funny side, she replied: ‘I think it's hilarious now.’

It is not the first time Marilyn Manson’s former girlfriend has been involved in a car accident.

In 2007 she suffered facial injuries  when riding as a passenger.

Her car was struck by another vehicle and the force of the impact drove her glasses into her face.

At the time she said: ‘I didn't realise I was hurt until I put my hand to my face and felt the flap of skin. My glasses had sliced me under my eye.’
source

0 comments:

Post a Comment