June 21, 2011

Kym Marsh hits out over criticism that she didn't breastfeed baby Polly

She was left 'fuming' last week after Twitter users turned on her for not breast-feeding her new baby daughter Polly - and now Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has hit out, saying her critics 'know nothing' of her situation.

Some of the 'fans' accused the former Hear'say singer of not feeding Polly herself to protect her boob job - but Kym insists it was because she wasn't making enough milk.

Kym, 35, says of the abuse she received: 'How dare they go on to a site and call me those names and judge me when they know nothing about the situation?

'I’m not going to have small-minded cowards that hide behind a computer question my dedication to my child. It’s the most disgusting thing I’ve read.'

Kym, who gave birth to Polly five weeks prematurely in March two years after having a stillborn son, also told this week's New! magazine of her scare after being diagnosed with pre-cancerous cells in her cervix.

She said: 'While I was waiting for the results of the biopsy, I kept thinking "Are they going to say I’ve got cancer?"

'Then I thought, ‘What is happening to me? Who is punishing me? It’s not enough that I’ve just lost my child, but now I’ve got to go through this?”'


Kym, who places Michelle Connor in the soap, also tells this week's New! magazine of her heartbreak at losing her baby Archie after giving birth to him at 21 weeks.

She said: 'It’s the most soul-destroying thing. It is devastating. It’s torture. He was still alive and kicking. There was nothing wrong with him.

'It was my body that had let him down. In some ways, you feel like you’re letting them down and you take a lot of blame on.'

However, she seemed more chipper last night when she wrote on her Twitter last night after a few days' absence.

She said: 'Hi all. Sorry not been on! Miss Polly is keeping me very busy. How's you all? X'

Kym who is engaged to Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas, already has children David, 15, and Emily, 13, from a former relationship.

The actress also spoke about her decision to release her forthcoming tell-all autobiography.

She explained: 'I was nervous with some of the subject matter, particularly Archie. Going over that was traumatic, but in some ways it was a good thing. It was almost like therapy.'
source

0 comments:

Post a Comment