April 06, 2011

I’m free to sign outside YRF: Ranveer Singh

On Monday, Ranveer Singh was back on the streets of Delhi, flagging off his second movie, Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl. Being directed by Maneesh Sharma, who gave his career a flying start, this rom-com revolves around a con man. Written and produced by Aditya Chopra, it will open on December 9. Ranveer is being touted as Yash Raj Films’ in-house mascot, even though lately he’s been spotted in the company of other filmmakers, including Karan Johar.

“I do have a three-film contract with YRF but it’s not exclusive. The only condition was that Band Baaja Baraat would be my first film. Now, I’m free to sign films with other banners,” he says, admitting that he’s in talks with other producers.

“Karan is a brilliant director and one of the warmest people I’ve met. I’d love to work with him. As for YRF, I’m too small an entity to be the flag bearer for the banner.”

Earlier, he was mistaken for Ranbir Kapoor and dismissed as the son of an affluent businessman who had financed his launch. The allegation Ranveerhurts. “I was upset by the rumour since I’d worked really hard for my break. Hopefully now that I’ve swept all the Best Debutant Awards except one (IIFA) and have my fingers crossed for that too, my detractors are convinced I can act a bit. My dad couldn’t have paid for all these awards.”

His debut film recently celebrated a 100-day run. Many theatres brought the film back in its 15th week, and it was running in 122 screens across India.

Ranveer is now in the Capital with Parineeti Chopra, one of the second leads in Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl, along with Dipannita Sharma and Aditi Sharma. Anushka Sharma plays the lead. “Parineeti is a newcomer but was born to act. She was nervous on the first day of shoot but not as shaken as I was. She’s a fast learner.”

And what about Anushka, his ‘good friend’, who’s apparently moved on to Ranbir? He says, “I’ve no idea about what’s been written in the newspapers.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment