December 02, 2010

Alessandra Ambrosio Discusses Her Wings

Alessandra Ambrosio searches are up after her appearance on Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Tuesday night, which also featured a peformance from Katy Perry, the pop diva behind hits such as "Teenage Dream" and "I Kissed a Girl."

Ambrosio recently met with the NY Daily News and shared some helpful hints with writer Jacob Osterhout about how to "wear the wings."

"Every year, the wings change," said Ambrosio, 29, who comprises 1/23rd of the Angels team. "One year I wore candy wings, and last year I had a big pink star that was really wide and pointy. The points were so sharp that I could have cut through curtains."

Emphasizing the honor of "wearing the wings," Ambrosio shared a story about what they mean to the girls of Victoria's Secret. "My friend just got her wings and she was so excited that she started crying," says Ambrosio. "But it's not easy. The first time wearing wings on the runway is very stressful. Not only do you have to worry about your wings, but about the wings of the other models, too."

"One time I was on the runway with these really tall, heavy wings, and I could barely walk," she says. "I kept swaying back and forth like the wings and I were fighting. I thought I wasn't going to be able to turn around. That's why you have to practice."

Ambrosio and her comrades didn't appear to be having any problems at Tuesday night's show. Did you happen to catch the event? What were your thoughts? Is it a holiday tradition you can get behind or something better saved for late-night television? Share your thoughts with us below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment