August 23, 2010

Hollywood is `sexist`, feels Blake Lively

Angeles: American actress Blake Lively feels Hollywood is `sexist` and men are given better opportunities than women in the world of showbiz.

The 22-year-old actress, who shot to fame after starring in `The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants`, has a long list of actors she looks up to, but insists she doesn`t envy anyone else`s career, ShowbizSpy reported.

"People always ask me whose career I admire and I always answer with men. Which is not to say that there aren`t incredible women in this business, but I feel like men are still given much better opportunities," Lively said.

"I feel like there are so many people I admire for so many reasons that I can?t look at one person`s life and say, `I want that life.` I want to make my own history. I look at anything in life like as long as you do what you believe in, then it`s going to work out. Because even if other people don`t like what you`re doing, you`re happy because you did what you believed in," she added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment