June 28, 2011

Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem make a rare public appearance together in Madrid

They keep their private life under wraps at the best of times, normally only pictured together in more candid situations.

So it was an unusual sight to see Penelope Cruz and husband Javier Bardem in public together.

The Spanish couple ventured out together in Madrid to attend the unveiling of their stars on the city's Walk Of Fame, called Street Of Stars

Penelope opted for one of her favourite colours, bright red, for the ceremony wearing a sassy one-shoulder dress with a matching pair of Christian Louboutin heels in a strange material.

The 37-year-old wore a huge grin on her face as she posed next her star.

Husband Javier Bardem was also honoured at the Spanish capital's new tourist attraction, the hunky actor cut a dash in a blue shirt, black jeans and shoes.

It was the second time Penelope received a star this year, in April she became the very first Spanish actress to have her name immortalised on Hollywood's famous walk of fame.

Penelope and Javier joined their good friend, director Pedro Almodovar, to watch their stars unveiled on the busy Calle Martín de los Heros.

The tribute to Spain's celebrities included a total of 25 inaugural stars - with each receiving a sidewalk plaque made of granite, marble and steel.

Actor Antonio Banderas, singer Julio Iglesias and tenor Placido Domingo were also among those receiving the accolade, with plans to add one to two new stars each year.

The couple have a baby son, Leo, who was not present at the event.

The actress recently revealed that her son has helped her stop being such a workaholic, saying she no longer feels guilty about taking time out to switch off from her career.

She said: 'I think we all change every day but after years of being a workaholic and always being tired, I’ve changed rhythm and found a more happy equilibrium.

'I don’t feel guilty when I don’t work now. Before, when I went home to Spain from America, I’d forgotten how to holiday properly — how to lie on the beach and relax.

'I’d go and lock myself in the bathroom with my Blackberry and check for work emails. My family knew about this and always tried to hide my phone.'

Penelope also admitted she feels very lucky to be a successful actress and the opportunities it has given her.

She said: 'I feel I have won the biggest lottery.

'I’m doing what I love as my job and I am so grateful for the things that I have.

'I never forget that to have a house and food on your plate is not normal for so many people.'
source

0 comments:

Post a Comment