June 21, 2011

Cheryl Cole was given X Factor USA job to 'pacify' Simon Cowell, says Sharon Osbourne

Former X Factor star Sharon Osbourne has claimed that Cheryl Cole was only offered the job on the American version of the TV show to 'pacify' Simon Cowell who fought for her.

The outspoken reality star also said Cheryl would not have been sacked from the show because of her Geordie accent.

Speaking in an online interview, Sharon said: 'That little guy from Fox, Mike Darnell, went to England so many times to see her. He'd been over to England so many bloody times watching X Factor so he knew what he was getting.

'Maybe they were pacifying Simon by letting him have Cheryl.' Meanwhile, Sharon also revealed she believed Dannii Minogue did not quit the UK show but was axed.

'I don't think Dannii was pushed,' Sharon cackled. 'I think she was f*****g thrown.

'I didn't enjoy working with her but to hand it to her she ended up being really good on the show, she did do good and held her own and you've got to hand it to her.

'I don't care about what she wrote about me in her book. When people say things about you, if you don't respect that person or like that person, what does it matter to you.

'People can only hurt you if you really like that person and they don't like you, then it's hurtful.'

Sharon also revealed how her husband Ozzy has been 'sex-texting' her after learning how to use a mobile phone.

Sharon, 58, who is now a judge on America's Got Talent, was shocked to receive a 'filthy' message from her 62-year-old rocker husband while he was touring in Europe last week.

She said: I got a text I got a text from Ozzy and I'm like, 'Jesus, somebody's stolen his phone'.

'Because I thought somebody found his phone and they were texting me dirty messages.

'And Silvana my assistant goes, 'Oh my God, Ozzy's just sent you this really dirty text'. And I'm like, 'Well it's not him, somebody must have stolen his phone, he can't text'.

Sharon's remarks come just a day after Cheryl Cole finally broke her silence following her X Factor USA firing last month.

The singer posted a blog on her official website telling her fans she was 'absolutely fine' and saying she had had 'the weirdest past few weeks'.

'I have had the time that I have not had in so long to just chill with my loved ones and do the normal things that I like to do. See my friends and family and be with my doggys :D.' she wrote.

'It feels long overdue and sooooo good, even my feet are happy to not have to wear a pair of high heels hehe.'

And despite reports over the weekend that the 27-year-old planned to take a break from the limelight Cheryl assured her fans she would soon be back.

'I have the BEST, most unbelievable people out there, who I feel so lucky to call my support system. You never fail to amaze me,' she added. 'I have been reading your letters and opening my prezzies ( I feel very spoilt ) and hearing all of your kind, special and inspiring things you want to say to me.

You are my little soldiers and you mean the world to me.Remember what I tell you, stay strong, keep calm and carry on ;) I'll speak to you all soon when I have some new news, until then I salute you :)'
source

0 comments:

Post a Comment