April 06, 2011

Irrfan Khan not interested in Total Recall

While the rest of Bollywood would die for a role like that, actor Irrfan Khan has just turned down the remake of the 1990 Hollywood hit, Total Recall.

The reason: The sci-fi thriller didn’t excite him. “I said no because I didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t the kind of film I’d want to do,” says the 48-year-old, who is, however, busy shooting for other big ticket Hollywood flicks such as Life of Pi and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Irrfan“I do films that I want to do. It’s not like a need to survive there (in Hollywood),” he says, adding that he’d never want to shift base to Los Angeles. “I will never do that. I can survive on the film offers I’m getting there, but to me, it’s only like luxury.”

Even the moolah doesn’t attract him. “Once you shift there, it becomes a kind of compulsion, and I don’t want to fall into it. If I can’t live in my own country, how will I survive there?”

Prod him about his negative role in The Amazing Spider-Man, and Khan says, “Usko latka hua chhod kar aaya hoon, abhi jaoonga aur utaroonga usko (I’ve left him hanging, wait till I get him down)!”

As of now, the actor is looking forward to his Friday Bollywood release, Thank You, in which he plays a “male chauvinist pig, who thinks women should be kept under control”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment